- Heidi Swanson is the author of Super Natural Cooking and Super Natural Everyday
- Deb Perelman cooks delicious things and writes about them from her small New York City apartment kitchen. Cookbook to come!
- Molly Wizenberg has written the cookbook A Homemade Life and has another coming out soon. She and her husband own and run Delancey restaurant in Seattle.
- Martha's recipes can be complicated sometimes, but you can be sure if she puts her name on it, it's been tested!
- Joe writes about baking techniques, history, and science ... and eats the results!
- Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine have a cookbook coming out and their website is for "twenty-something cooks looking for user-friendly, affordable ways to navigate their kitchens."
Big Girls, Small Kitchen
- Zach and Clay aren't cookbook authors, but they make and review recipes from the many cooking magazines they get. They're brutally honest about what they like and don't like and what works and what doesn't!
The Bitten World
- Stacy's favorite Food52 started out as a "crowd-sourced" cookbook experiment. It also doesn't hurt that it's edited by New-York-Times-food-writer-and-cookbook-author Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs of Cook's Illustrated.
- If you don't like any of those, or just want to find a recipe without following a blog, try Food Blog Search.
Food Blog Search
- And of course, Mouth of Wonder has tons of recipes! If something doesn't work, you can always complain to Stacy!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Guest Monica Meehan: Reliable food websites
Just using Google to find a recipe may not work. You could end up with a weird, untested recipe from who-knows-where. Instead try searching just blogs! Bloggers write about what they enjoy, and if they're writing about food, you can bet that they've actually made the recipe at least once. There will also almost always be photos and stories about how the dish was made. Also, many food bloggers are also cookbook authors and you can be sure those recipes have been well tested. Here are links to the websites I mentioned on the show: